Recipe Jam from black chokeberry and zucchini
Getting ready for a sweet winterRowan and zucchini I cook for many years in different proportions of ingredients, sometimes I take more berries, then the jam turns out more thickly, sometimes more zucchini, then a lot of tasty and beautiful syrup turns out. Let me introduce one of the variants of this useful and multifunctional jam. When I treat them, even from the fifth time they do not guess what it is from, but only with tips. Syrup is an excellent base for fruit and jelly, and berries and pieces of zucchini are good in cupcakes and curd casseroles. Berries can be used collected at any time: both freshly ripened, still astringent, and frosted, cracked, and courgettes or zucchini fit even overgrown. From this amount of ingredients, 3 liters of jam are obtained.
- Aronia blackberry 2000 g
- Zucchini 2 kg
- Sugar 2 kg
- Cinnamon sticks 1 stick
- Step 1 For jam, prepare zucchini, black chokeberry, sugar and cinnamon.
- Step 2 Go through, rinse and dry the chokeberry. Then put the berries in a saucepan and add half the sugar.
- Step 3 Squash squash the skin and seeds. Then cut them into small cubes.
- Step 4 Lay a layer of zucchini on top of a layer of berries and sugar and also pour the rest of the sugar.
- Step 5 After about 3 hours, a large amount of liquid will be extracted from the zucchini and let the berries for a while (from two or more hours) permeate them.
- Step 6 Add a cinnamon stick and begin to cook the jam over medium heat, stirring constantly, so that the sugar does not burn to the bottom, but dissolves to a saturated syrup.
- Step 7 Then add the fire, bring toBoil, remove the foam (its amount will be very small), reduce the fire to medium and cook until the desired degree of thickening, but at least 30 minutes. At first zucchini will be light red, and as soon as ready, they will become almost the same color as chokeberry.
- Step 8 For a more viscous consistency of jam, as well as if you plan to store it at room temperature, you can cook in 2 sets for half an hour, letting it cool before the next brew.
- Step 9 Place the warm jam on sterilized jars. Optionally, you can roll up the syrup, separated from the jam.