Recipe Peking cabbage salad with nuts
Peking cabbage - lettuce and cabbage in oneCabbage. That white cabbage and leaf lettuce is very useful, many know and appreciate for high taste and medicinal properties. But very few people know that these two products can well replace the Beijing, or Chinese, cabbage. In the markets and in stores, it has been sold for a long time all year round, and now it is not at all expensive, because our nutritionists and vegetable growers appreciated its unique qualities and began to grow both in Ukraine and Russia. And before all the Peking cabbage was imported, so it was much more expensive, and did not cause much interest among buyers. Externally Peking cabbage is very similar to cabbage salad, in fact it is the most delicate and juicy variety of cabbage, which is ideal for fresh consumption in all kinds of salads and sandwiches, and for cooking hot dishes - borscht, cabbage. That is especially pleasant: at thermal processing the Peking cabbage does not give a specific cabbage smell. And yet it is much more useful to eat it fresh, so it was particularly recognized in salads. The most useful substances and practically all the juice are in a dense white part of the leaves, so it should not be cut and thrown out in any case. So, we are preparing an original salad of Peking cabbage with walnuts.
- Pork cabbage 0.5 pcs.
- Cucumbers 1 pc.
- Walnut 30 g
- Olive oil 3 tbsp. L.
- Salt 1 pinch
- Step 1 For a cabbage salad with nuts, we need half the average fork of Peking cabbage, an average cucumber and a couple of handfuls of walnuts, for dressing olive oil.
- Step 2 Remove the top leaves from the cabbage and finely chop it.
- Step 3 Wash the cucumber and cut it with straw, if the skin is very dark and hard, it is better to clean it.
- Step 4 Combine cabbage, chopped cucumber and 1-2 handfuls of walnuts (pre-chop the nuts), add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Step 5 Mix well the pepper salad with nuts and add a pinch of salt to taste.