Nut biscuits "Ascension Stairs"
Ritual cookies This cookie, in the form of a ladder,People baked at the Feast of the Ascension and called it "little ladies, ladies". The shape, size of the biscuit, even the filling (with poppy seeds, cottage cheese, jam) and decorations were different. Only the image of the staircase was preserved. The scaffolding symbolized spiritual growth, aspiration for moral perfection. In other areas of Russia the ladder was an indispensable attribute aimed at ensuring the harvest. The cookies were eaten in the field and crumbed into sowing, falling asleep with land with sentences. Today, the custom of baking ladder is reviving. And this ritual is given a new meaning. A scaffold is a symbol of career growth and success. Dough knead under the conspiracy. Do it with Vera. In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. To the True Christ, the King of Heaven, who ascended in His glory. Lord, I sing You, who stepped on the ladder of glory, which brought You to the throne of the Kingdom of Heaven. Bless, Lord, this bread. Whoever eats this bread, whoever drinks it with Holy Water, will find Your protection everywhere. The fate will not offend the person, the judge will not condemn, the cunning will not cheat, the fast will not run over. Every door will open to him, every head will bow to him. King David himself helps me, my ladder blesses. Mikhail Archangel confirms my words. In the name of the Father and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Now and ever and forever and ever. Amen. Heart carefully - slightly open the door ... Sweet ... and anxious .... If you want - believe ... Do not believe ...
- Wheat Flour 200 g
- Sugar powder 80 g
- Eggs chicken 1 pc.
- Hazelnut 120 g
- Lemon juice 40 ml
- Water 100 ml
- Vanillin 4 g
- Step 1 For the preparation of cookies we need hazelnut (hazelnut), sugar powder, vanillin, flour, yolk of one egg, lemon juice, consecrated water.
- Step 2 Grind a toasted hazelnut in a mortar.
- Step 3 Add vanilla to the nuts and mix.
- Step 4 Add the powdered sugar.
- Step 5 Add the sifted flour and mix well again.
- Step 6 Add the yolk of one egg.
- Step 7 Add the lemon juice, knead the dough not very cool, gradually adding water. Knead the dough for a plot.
- Step 8 Roll out the dough 1 cm thick, cut into strips.
- Step 9 Put the strips on the baking tray to get a ladder. In the joints, moisten with a wet brush. Put into a preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes at 180 ° C.
- Step 10 The finished cookies will turn hard. In the morning on the Feast of the Ascension, eat your Ladder, washed down with consecrated water. Good luck!