Recipe Cherry jam
Cooking cherry jam for the winter Fruits of sweet cherryRipen before others and open the season of blanks. Of these, jam, jams, compotes are prepared. Raw materials are used with or without bones. The most cherished cherry jam with pits, as it gives the finished product a peculiar taste. Cherries - a tender berry, therefore jam is cooked, as a rule, in one reception. If the fruits are not sufficiently acidic, then citric acid is added, and also some flavors, for example vanillin, cinnamon, orange peel, are added to give the flavor more flavorful.
- Sweet cherry 1000 g
- Water 275 ml
- Vanillin 1 pinch
- Citric acid 1 g
- Sugar 1.2 kg
- Step 1 To prepare the jam, you need to take a ripe red cherry, sugar, water, citric acid and vanillin.
- Step 2 Remove the stems from the cherry fruit and wash it.
- Step 3 Dissolve sugar in hot water, bring toBoil with constant stirring and boil for 2-3 minutes. Then the solution is filtered through a boiled flannel or a gauze folded in 3-4 layers and brought back to a boil.
- Step 4 Pour the berries with hot syrup and cook in 2 doses for 5 minutes with a break at 5 o'clock. At the end of the cooking, add vanillin and citric acid.
- Step 5 Ready to quench the jar, then pack it into dry jars.
- Step 6 Cover with boiled tin lacquered lids and cork.