Recipe Pesto in Sicilian
Pesto sauce Sicilian Pesto is a typical sauce,Which perfectly accompanies any kind of pasta. There are many varieties of this sauce: in different regions of Sicily use different ingredients, but one of them remains always unchanged - ricotta. This sauce is made from absolutely fresh products, which are used in raw form. Therefore, it is distinguished by its simplicity and speed of cooking, at the same time being the original sauce, which is also good in itself or with crackers.
- Ricotta cheese 150g
- Tomatoes 500 g
- Olive oil 60 ml
- Basil green fresh 1 bunch
- Garlic 1 denticle
- Salt 3 pinch
- Pepper black ground 1 pinch
- Cheese Parmesan 70 g
- Cedar nuts 50 g
- Step 1 To prepare pesto, you will need tomatoes, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, olive oil, pepper, salt, basil and garlic.
- Step 2 Wash the tomatoes and cut them. If you use ordinary tomatoes, you need to remove the white part and squeeze out a little extra liquid.
- Step 3 Put the tomatoes in the food processor, add fresh basil. The amount of basil depends on your tastes.
- Step 4 Add grated Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, salt, pepper.
- Step 5 Mix in a combine at medium speed until smooth. Add ricotta and olive oil. You can use homemade ricotta or use unsweetened cottage cheese.
- Step 6 Mix again in the combine, untilHomogeneous sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste, if required. Pesto sauce in Sicilian must be consumed within 1-2 days, or it can be poured into small containers and frozen.