Beetroot Recipe in French
Warm salad of beetroots Perhaps borscht, vinaigrette andHerring under the fur coat for Russian cuisine is beyond competition, but it is worthwhile to try the beets in French. It is a warm salad in the spirit of all French salads, impregnated with the aroma of wine and supplemented with cheese and greens. On the advice of a French chef, grape wine can be replaced by Martini or Chinzano. His recommendation was based on the fact that using a couple of spoonfuls of wine to prepare a dish, the rest of the wine has to be brought urgently to the table, because it is not stored for a long time, unlike the named brands of Italian vermouth. Their advantage is also in the fact that the taste of herbs and spices, inherent in these wines, is also transferred to the cooking dish. In addition to beetroot tubers, lettuce is used in the salad - chard, as for onions, the French preference is given to shallots, but if it is not available, it can be replaced with onion.
- Beets 2 pcs.
- Mangold 40 g
- Cheese hard 50g
- Butter 30 g
- Onions 1 pc.
- White semi-sweet wine 2 tbsp. L.
- Fennel fresh 2 g
- Salt 1 pinch
- Pepper black ground 1 pinch
- Step 1 For this dish we need ingredients such as beets, chard, white wine, butter, onion, cheese and greens.
- Step 2 Cut the onions into small cubes.
- Step 3 Lightly fry the onion until soft in butter.
- Step 4 Cleaned beets cut into thin round or semicircular plates not more than 2 mm in thickness.
- Step 5 Prepare the beetroot with onions for 15 minutes on moderate heat.
- Step 6 Pour the beetroot with white wine and simmer until soft under the lid.
- Step 7 Put the leaves of chard with the finished beet, stir and hold for a minute on the fire, so that the leaves are softened.
- Step 8 We spread the beets portionwise, sprinkleThin pastry-chips cheese and any finely chopped herbs (I added fennel greens), immediately served. The French eat this salad for lunch or for supper with a crispy baguette.