Recipe Dried apples
Natural vitamin croutons Summer isApple time. Different dishes are prepared from this divine fruit. Today we are drying apples for future use. Dried apple - the leader among fruits in terms of vitamins. To dry it is best to use ripe apples with dense flesh. What is the use of dried apples? They can be eaten in a dried form, boil from them jelly and compotes. Dried apples have a variety of vitamins that are not destroyed by heat treatment and heat. Some people in exchange for fresh apples are offered to eat baked and dried. Dried apples are good, as a replacement for chips and crackers for children. Eat apples in any form, and will be healthy!
- Apple 3000g
- Citric acid 10 g
- Step 1 To dry the apples, we need citric acid, a steamer or a colander for processing apples with steam, a special knife for cleaning the core.
- Step 2 Wash the apples and dry them. Remove the core.
- Step 3 Cut the apple across the circles with a thickness of 4-7 mm.
- Step 4 Put apples in cold water with a solution of citric acid (10 grams of acid per 1 liter of water) for 3 minutes.
- Step 5 To accelerate the drying process, hold the apples for 5 minutes over the steam in the steamer.
- Step 6 Or hold the apples in a colander over boiling water.
- Step 7 Cool them in ice water.
- Step 8 Dry the apples on a paper towel.
- Step 9 Place the apples in one layer on trays andBaking trays. Start drying from 70 ° C in the oven, when 2/3 of water evaporates (after 40 minutes), lower the temperature to 50 ° C, (30 minutes). Cool in the oven with the door open. On a sunny day alternate the drying procedure, from the oven to transfer the trays to the sun. The drying process lasts 6-10 hours.
- Step 10 Properly dried apples haveYellowish-brown color, do not break down and do not separate the juice when compressed. Store the dried apples in glass jars, tightly closed or in canvas sacks soaked with saline.