Recipe Herring, marinated with lime
Marinade for herring This snack is long inThe refrigerator will not be delayed. Tender, juicy herring gets a light lime flavor and is well saturated with a delicate marinade. Salt in the marinade did not add, as the herring itself was very salty. It is quite possible to replace lime with lemon, this is a good combination. But lime has a special taste, aroma and this gives the herring a special flavor.
- Herring salted 400 g
- Mixture of peppers 1 g
- Onion 60 g
- Lime 1 pc.
- Pepper fragrant 3 pcs.
- Bay leaf 1 pc.
- Sugar 60 g
- Table vinegar 100 ml
- Water 200 ml
- Pepper black with peas 10 pcs.
- Step 1 Prepare the main products: salted herring, lime, onions and spices.
- Step 2 First you need to prepare a marinade. Combine all the required ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and set aside to cool.
- Step 3 Cut the herring so that it's 2 fillets.
- Step 4 Cut the herring fillets in small slices diagonally.
- Step 5 Onions are cleaned and cut into thin half-rings.
- Step 6 Wash limes and cut into small pieces.
- Step 7 In the jar, lay the layers of herring, onions and lime. Slightly seasoning freshly ground with a mixture of peppers.
- Step 8 Pour a cooled marinade into a jar filled with a can and put the herring in the fridge for 6-7 hours.