Compote of frozen berries - a recipe for making cherry compote, photo
How to cook a compote of frozen berries
By themselves frozen berries, of course,Nobody eats. They are designed to prepare and decorate various desserts, for example, sorbet or jelly. But it's best to use frozen berries for home compotes. The fact is that the process of cooking compote does not require defrosting the fruit, so they give this drink the maximum amount of vitamins preserved. In addition, it is difficult to imagine an easier way of preparing a fragrant and useful drink than a home compote of frozen berries.
We offer you the option of a delicious compote of frozen cherries, the recipe of which is so light that even a novice hostess can master it.
Homemade cherry compote from frozen cherries
Cherry has many useful properties, but its main advantage is the high content of vitamin C. This is why cherry compote helps to strengthen immunity and improves appetite in children.
To prepare a compote of frozen cherry berries you will need:
- Frozen cherry - 500 gr
- Water - 3 l
- Sugar - 6-7 tbsp. L.
- Lemon - 0,5 pieces
- Pour water into the pan and bring to a boil.
- In boiling water, add the juice of half a lemon, fix the fire and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar to the water, stirring constantly, and bring the mixture back to the boil.
- In the boiling water, put a frozen cherry. Berries for compote do not require defrosting, so directly from the freezer safely send them to boiling water.
- Bring the compote to a boil. Cook in a boiling state for 5 minutes and remove the pan from the fire.
- Cover and let the compote to stand for half an hour.
Compote of frozen cherries and strawberries in sugar syrup
Strawberries and cherries perfectly match in taste, and compote of these berries, even frozen, has an amazing summer aroma.
To prepare a compote of frozen cherries and strawberries you will need:
- Frozen cherry - 250 g
- Frozen strawberries - 250 gr
- Water - 3 liters.
- Sugar - 2-2,5 cups
- First you need to prepare the sugar syrup. To do this, pour the sugar onto the bottom of the pan and add water.
- Stirring, bring the syrup to a boil.
- Once the syrup boils, add the frozen berries.
- Bring the compote again to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the fire and cover it, so that our fragrant drink is infused.