Jam from gooseberries: benefits, methods of preparation.
List of ingredients:
- Gooseberries - 1 kg
- Sugar - 1,5 kg
- Water - 2 cups
- Vodka - 50 g
Stages of preparation of sweets:
- Take a colander and pour out the fruits of gooseberry into it. Rinse them thoroughly under running water.
- With each berry, carefully cut the tail and pierce with a needle - this is necessary in order that during the cooking they do not burst and remain intact.
- Finished fruit sprinkle with a small amount of vodka and put in a freezer for 20 minutes. After this time, move the container to the refrigerator for the night.
- In the morning, prepare the syrup: put the water in a saucepan on a slow fire and pour sugar into the container. Wait until the syrup boils and reaches a uniform consistency.
- Do not remove the pot from the stove, put the berries in itAnd bring to a boil. You can not mix jam, you can shake it lightly. After that, extinguish the fire and leave the dish until completely cooled.
- When this happens, strain the jam so that the liquid remains in one container, and the berries in the other.
- Syrup again put on a plate, boil and add gooseberries. Repeat this procedure 3-4 times.
- The last boiling should last about 30 minutes. To check the readiness of the jam, drip a small drop on the plate. If it does not spread, then the dainty is ready.
- If there is a desire, at the end of the cooking, add a little vanilla to the dish.
- Finished jam pour on sterilized jars and roll.
Jam from gooseberry with nuts
You will need:
- Gooseberries - 1 kg of fruit
- Sugar - 1,5 kg
- Water 350 g
- Walnut kernels - 300 g
- For jam, you should take slightly unripe berries. They should be green and firm to the touch. Gooseberries carefully rinse under running water, make incisions on each berry and remove the seeds with a hairpin.
- Prepare the syrup by mixing the water with the sugar and boiling on low heat until the grains are completely dissolved.
- Preheat on the stove pan without oil, pour on it walnuts and fry for a few minutes. Cut or shatter the cores in such a way that small pieces are produced.
- Very gently fill the resulting mass of fruits with gooseberry, folding them into a suitable container.
- When the work is done, pour the berries with hot sugar syrup, put on the fire and wait for the jam to boil.
- Remove the pan from the plate, cool and refrigerate for 10 hours.
- When this time is over, bring the dish back to a boil and cook until ready.
To gooseberry in the process of heat treatmentDo not lose your beautiful emerald color, you need to properly weld the syrup. In cold water, you first need to put about 10 cherry leaves and boil them for 5 minutes. After this, the leaves should be removed and continue to prepare the jam.