Pumpkin Candies Recipe
Pumpkin dry Pumpkin candies with orange flavor- quite affordable, but unusually tasty delicacy for fans of natural sweets. No dyes and preservatives, only natural products! Pumpkin candied fruits can be added to pastries, served for dessert for tea instead of sweets, and decorate them with cakes. Orange can be replaced with a lemon, then candied fruits will be with light sourness and lemon flavor.
- Pumpkin 800 g
- Sugar 500g
- Orange 1 pc.
- Cinnamon sticks 1 stick
- Water 0.5 tbsp.
- Step 1 For the preparation of pumpkin candies, we need a pumpkin, sugar, orange, cinnamon stick and water.
- Step 2 Clean the pumpkin from seeds, fibers and peel. Cut into square pieces of medium size, add them to a deep bowl.
- Step 3 Fall asleep with sugar. We put the bowl in the refrigerator for the night.
- Step 4 Overnight sugar dissolves completely in the juice that emits pumpkin. It turns out the sugar syrup covering the pieces of pumpkin.
- Step 5 Orange is good for me, dry it dry, cut into pieces, remove bones. Fold the sliced orange into the blender bowl.
- Step 6 Whisk at high speed until smooth mashed.
- Step 7 In the pan, drain the sugar syrup from the pumpkin, top up the water, pour out the orange mashed potatoes, add the cinnamon stick. We put the pan on the fire and let our mixture boil.
- Step 8 In a boiling orange syrup pour the pieces of pumpkin. Stir gently, cook over low heat after boiling for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the fire, completely cool the pumpkin in the syrup.
- Step 9 This procedure is done 3 more times - bring to a boil, cook for 5 minutes, remove from heat, cool.
- Step 10 After lay out the pieces of pumpkin on parchment for baking. We put in the oven to dry for 40-60 minutes at 130 C.
- Step 11 Then sprinkle abundantly with powdered sugar.
- Step 12 We roll the candied fruits in powdered sugar from all sides.
- Step 13 We put it in a jar and store it underRoom temperature. The remaining pumpkin-orange syrup-jam can be used for a layer of pies, cakes, as a filling for buns and an additive to pancake dough.