Recipe for Kissel from viburnum
Kalinovyj jelly Kissel - for a long time favorite,A traditional dish in Russia. Its name comes from the word "sour", since it was initially prepared on fermented cereal broths, and not thickened with starch. A starch jelly appeared later, they cooked them very thick, served with milk. Especially useful is the jelly for baby food - it helps the child grow strong, healthy. Drink jelly in different countries, and each has its own addictive cravings. Scandinavian countries like kissels with a sour taste, for example, from rhubarb, which is served with whipped cream. In Germany and other countries of Western Europe, give preference to sweet fruit and berry jelly - from raspberries, strawberries, cherries. In Karelia, jelly is cooked from cloudberries. And today we will prepare a jelly from the viburnum. Many people perceive this plant only as decorative, and in vain. Before the first frost, this berry is really impossible, but, slightly nibbled by frost, it becomes sweet. You can talk about its benefits indefinitely, so instead of talking, just cook the jelly from the viburnum and enjoy the wonderful taste, while simultaneously revitalizing your body.
- Kalina 1 beam
- Sugar 1 tbsp.
- Potato starch 3 tbsp. L.
- Water 2 l
- Step 1 To prepare the jelly we take a bunch of viburnum, sugar, starch and water.
- Step 2 Wash the Kalina well, remove it from the twigs and mash with a madler or tolkushka.
- Step 3 Put the berries in a saucepan and pour 2 liters of cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Step 4 Then drain the broth, again bring to a boil and add sugar - first 0.5 cup, and then to taste.
- Step 5 Dissolve starch in half a glass of cold boiled water - mix well.
- Step 6 Pour the starch, stirring constantly the broth, bring to a boil and remove from heat. Serve the jelly warm or chilled.