Carrot puree with cumin
A garden stole in an orange dress? The answer is clear to everyone - it's a carrot. Since early childhood, this product is familiar to us. It is not worth talking about the benefits of eating carrots. Today we are mashing fresh young carrots. How to choose a good carrot? Buy only a solid root without stains and cracks, which speak of stiffened middle. Tubers should be bright orange color - an indicator of the content of carotene. My advice (I do not remember who taught me) is to choose carrots with stupid noses - it is always sweeter than the sharp-nosed. Carotene is best absorbed in the presence of vegetable fats. Be sure to use it when cooking with olive oil. I hope you enjoy this dish, and you will be happy to cook it. Carrot puree can be prepared for children and adults. Everything will depend on the seasonings that you will use. If possible, prepare this dish in a double boiler - all vitamins will be yours!
- Carrots 500 g
- Garlic 4 denticles
- Zira (Cumin) ground 4 g
- Cayenne pepper 2 g
- Turmeric 2 g
- Salt sea 2 g
- Lemon juice 40 ml
- Olive oil 100 ml
- Cilantro fresh 20 g
- Step 1 To make mashed potatoes, we need fresh carrots, garlic, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, salt, a few twigs of coriander and seasoning: zira, cayenne pepper, turmeric.
- Step 2 Peel the carrots, wash and cut into circles. Divide the garlic into slices.
- Step 3 Boil the water, add salt and dip carrot with garlic. Cook until done.
- Step 4 Ziru crush in a mortar. You can spice all the spices lightly in a frying pan to open their scent.
- Step 5 Wash the celery greens, dry and finely chop.
- Step 6 Boil the boiled carrots with garlic, spiced butter and lemon juice in a blender. If desired, add coriander greens to coriander. You can serve carrots on a garnish with boiled meat or fish.