Halva Recipe from Sunflower Seeds
Halva - the most popular sweetness of the East HalvaIs the most popular eastern sweetness. It is made from sugar, seeds or nuts. The homeland of this dessert is Iran, and in translation from Arabic halva means "sweetness". There are a lot of ways of cooking and recipes for halva: carrot halva, semolina, halva of pistachios, halva from corn, halva with honey, peanut halva, halva from sesame, from potatoes, millet and this is not a complete list of varieties of this amazing dessert. Halva is quite high in calories because of its proteins, fats and vegetable fiber, but in moderation it is good for health. Today to your attention halva from sunflower seeds. The taste of this halva is familiar to us from childhood. Prepare homemade halva, and she, in turn, will give you a charge of energy for the whole day and an unforgettable aroma of fried sunflower seeds.
- Seeds of sunflower 400 g
- Wheat Flour 200 g
- Water boiled 125 ml
- Sunflower refined oil 125 ml
- Sugar 125 g
- Step 1 To make halva we will need: wheat flour, sugar, water, sunflower oil (if you want a more pronounced flavor of sunflower seeds in halva, you can take unrefined oil).
- Step 2 Peel the sunflower seeds in a dry frying pan. Periodically stirring, fry until golden. Seeds are poured into a plate and let cool.
- Step 3 Then, in the same frying pan, do the same with flour.
- Step 4 Fry the flour until golden.
- Step 5 Seeds are ground in a coffee grinder and mixed with flour.
- Step 6 Next, prepare the sugar syrup. We put water in the pan on the fire. Add sugar. Stir and boil until the moment when the syrup starts to thicken a little. Add the syrup and oil to the crushed mixture.
- Step 7 Mix well, put in any available molds and send it to the freezer for 5 hours.
- Step 8 Take off the form, halva ready for tea!