Tortilla Recipe for Corn Flour
Tortillas tortilla Corn tortilla in Mexico -The same integral part of any meal, as we have bread. With these cakes not only eat the main dishes, but on its basis prepare other famous dishes: burrito, enchilada, quesadilla, fajitas, etc. Tortilla for a Mexican is almost a spoon, it is made with sauce or, for example, pieces of meat, and at the end of the meal they are eaten. Corn tortillas are baked from special flour. The corn flour that we sell here is finely ground corn grain, it's somewhat different, since there is no gluten in this flour, therefore it is difficult to knead it to elasticity. To make corn tortillas, we add wheat flour. Tortillas should be served hot or immediately cooked on their basis other dishes. If it is necessary to keep tortillas after baking for a long period, they are wrapped in a food film and frozen in the freezer. Before use, they are heated in a microwave or oven.
- Flour, corn 150 g
- Wheat Flour 150 g
- Water boiled 200 ml
- Salt 1 tsp.
- Butter 50 g
- Step 1 To prepare the cakes we need: corn and wheat flour, hot water, salt and butter.
- Step 2 Mix the corn and wheat flour with salt.
- Step 3 Pour in hot water and knead the dough.
- Step 4 Melt butter in a microwave or water bath.
- Step 5 Add the butter to the dough and knead it until smooth. Cover the dough with a napkin and leave for 30 minutes to rest.
- Step 6 Divide the dough into 8 identical pieces, form the balls.
- Step 7 Each ball is rolled into a thin circle about 20 cm in diameter.
- Step 8 Lay the cake on a hot frying pan without oil and fry until blistering.
- Step 9 Turn to the other side, fry until brown spots appear. It is impossible to darken strongly, otherwise the tortillas will be too dry and rude.
- Step 10 Put the finished tortilla on the towel and cover it with the other end. We use hot.