Recipe Gem from gooseberry and sweet cherry
We prepare jam from gooseberry and sweet cherryIt is almost impossible to distinguish jam from jam, although the technology of its preparation is somewhat different from the cooking of jam. For the preparation of jam using berries and fruits rich in pectin (a substance that contributes to the formation of jelly-like consistency of the finished product). Especially valuable raw materials are fruits of black and red currants, cranberries, cowberries, hawthorn, dogrose, gooseberries, mountain ash, viburnum, and also forest apples (sour cabbage). Very often jam is prepared from several types of fruits or berries, combining rich pectin fruits with the poor. For example, you can combine apples with pears, gooseberries with raspberries, cranberries with apples, if you take half of each kind of fruit. Raw materials should be of good quality, although you can use deformed and slightly crumpled fruit. Jam is cooked in one go.
- Gooseberries 500 g
- Cherry 300 g
- Sugar 700g
- Step 1 To prepare the jam you need to take berries of red gooseberries, fruits of pink or red cherries and sugar.
- Step 2 The berries of gooseberries are washed and dried. Scissors cut off sepals and stems.
- Step 3 Prepared berries gooseberries put in a pan, pour a little water, cover the pan with a lid and let the fruit until softened.
- Step 4 Pass the gooseberry through a meat grinder or rub through a sieve.
- Step 5 Wash the cherry fruit, remove the stems and bones and collect the juice that was released during cutting.
- Step 6 Peel the sweet cherry with the juice in a saucepan, pour a little water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Step 7 Add 175 grams of sugar to the cherry, mashed gooseberry puree and cook until softened sweet cherries.
- Step 8 To the mixture in small portions (notStop boiling) add the remaining sugar and cook jam with intense boiling. Form the resulting foam only at the end of cooking. Ready to pack jam in sterilized jars. Cover the boil, close the banks, turn them upside down, wrap them in a blanket and leave them to cool.