Recipe for Beijinho
Home Coconut Candy Coconut Candy"Beijinho" - sweet, which is very popular in Brazil and Portugal! Without these candies, not a single holiday can happen, coconut balls are equally loved by both adults and children! The name of sweets translates as a "kiss" - they are just as sweet! Beijinho sweets are prepared in different ways, the recipe for their preparation depends on the region, but the main components are the same everywhere - it is coconut shavings and good quality condensed milk (without adding vegetable fats it is important!). Ready-made candy I decided to decorate with coconut shavings, although the traditional way of decorating is still their boning them in sugar and decorating every sweet with a bud of spicy cloves!
- Coconut shaving 150 g
- Condensed milk 380 g
- Butter 30 g
- Step 1 For the preparation of coconut candies we will need coconut shavings, condensed milk of good quality without the addition of vegetable fats, butter.
- Step 2 In a small saucepan or ladle we pour out the condensed milk, add butter and pour 100 g of coconut shavings.
- Step 3 We put on a slow fire and start to cook. It is necessary to stir all the time!
- Step 4 After about 10-12 minutes, the mass thickens - from the spoon will remain a clear trace.
- Step 5 Transfer the coconut mass into a bowl, let it cool down completely. Next, put in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Step 6 After this time, you canTo proceed to the formation of sweets. With a teaspoon take part of the candy mass, with wet hands roll balls and roll them in the remaining coconut shavings. In total, I got 22 sweets.
- Step 7 These candies can be stored in the refrigerator for a long time! We serve them for dessert to a cup of hot Brazilian coffee!