Kvass home recipe
Some of the history of kvass Many people are firmlyAre convinced that kvass is an ancient Slavic drink, invented in Kievan Rus and spread mainly in the Slavic territories. But it is not so! Kvass is really a very old drink that was cooked in ancient Egypt eight thousand years ago! True, then, he was something between beer and kvass. The famous physician of antiquity Hippocrates, the ancient historian Herodotus and Pliny the Elder wrote about kvass in his works. Well, in Kievan Rus, the first mention of kvass dates back to 988, when Prince Vladimir the Great baptized Rus, as evidenced by the Tale of Bygone Years. In our time, kvass begins to spread in Poland, Lithuania and even in Finland.
- Bread black 1 pc.
- Sugar 500g
- Fresh yeast 20 g
- Boiled water 10 l
- Step 1 The main ingredients: bread, sugar, yeast, water.
- Step 2 We cut the bread, put it in the oven and fry it to a dark color.
- Step 3 Bread is ready - the more you cook the bread, the darker the kvass will turn out.
- Step 4 Boiling water.
- Step 5 Water is slightly cooled and put in it fried bread.
- Step 6 Add the sugar.
- Step 7 Let the water cool down a little more and when the waterWill be a little warm, add the yeast. Then cover the pan with a lid and put it on for 3 days in a warm place. During this time, kvass must become sour and a little gas will appear in it.
- Step 8 After the kvass is infused, you need itstrain. Also, you need to add 1-1.5 cups of sugar to kvass (here the amount depends on the taste). Ready kvass can be poured into bottles to cool and prevent gas loss.</ P>