Recipe Honey Flapjack
Oat bar or Flapjack Flapjack -Bars, made from oatmeal, brown sugar and butter. The word "Flapjack" was used already in the beginning of the 17th century - Shakespeare mentioned it in his play "Pericles". In addition to Great Britain and Ireland, these bars are also common in America, Canada and Australia. By tradition, flapjacks are prepared with a "golden" or maple syrup. We will prepare another option - with the addition of honey. It will give a mild taste, while adding a drop of health to them! And to enrich the oat flavor, we add raisins. In addition to raisins, you can also add dried apricots or cranberries. But that is another story. Serve flapjacks for breakfast or snack. Keep refrigerated; Between the pieces it is better to lay the leaves of the parchment so that they do not stick to each other.
- Oatmeal 200 g
- Butter 100 g
- Brown sugar 100 g
- Honey 100 g
- Raisin dark 100 g
- Olive oil 0.5 tbsp. L.
- Step 1 To prepare, you will need oatmeal (better not processed), raisins, butter, brown sugar and honey.
- Step 2 Melt the butter, add brown sugar and honey.
- Step 3 Slightly stirring, dissolve the sugar in melted butter, supporting the fire so that the oil does not boil. Your caramel is ready.
- Step 4 Put in the oatmeal and raisins, mix well, so that the whole dry mixture becomes oily.
- Step 5 Lubricate the form with olive oil (I have 20x20) and lay out the mixture. Align the top layer with a little pressure.
- Step 6 Bake at 180 ° C for 15-20 minutes,Until golden brown. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes and pour into pieces, but do not cut. Leave to cool (preferably in the refrigerator), then cut into slices.