Potatoes with bacon Rusty (Rsti) isSwiss second course, based on potatoes. Potatoes can be cooked or raw, and so that it is not so boring, then add the fat or smoked bacon. Born Rusty in the canton of Berne and ate it mainly farmers for breakfast (they also need energy!). Now Rösti is popular throughout Switzerland. Rösti, cooked from raw potatoes, is usually served as the main dish, and to make Rösti for a garnish - the potato should be boiled "on the teeth", that is, keeping its hardness (undercooked). This classification was invented by the Swiss themselves, think and decide what Rusty you want to cook!
- Lard 100g
- Pancetta 50 g
- Potatoes 600 g
- White onion 1 pc.
- Butter 30 g
- Step 1 To prepare Rusty, you will need potatoes, pre-cooked, onion, fat, pancetta or boneless brisket, butter.
- Step 2 Fry the finely chopped onion in butter.
- Step 3 Add the fat to pieces and pancetta. Fry a little.
- Step 4 Wipe the boiled potatoes on a coarse grater.
- Step 5 Add the potatoes to the bacon and onion and mix well.
- Step 6 All in a good morning and put a thinly sliced fat on top.
- Step 7 Fry for 5-7 minutes and turn over using a plate.
- Step 8 The other side also fry for 7-10 minutes. Your ROSTY is ready - serve hot and enjoy! Bon Appetit!