Potato casserole with fennel
- Butter - 1 1/2 Art. Spoons (+ form oil)
- Medium fennel bulbs - 2 pieces (240 g each))
- Potatoes - 650 Grams (purified)
- Grated cheese - 1/2 cup (+ 6 tablespoons)
- Thick cream - 1/2 cup
- Salt and ground pepper - - To taste
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Lubricate the baking dish. Cut the potatoes and fennel into very thin slices. Put the potatoes in a prepared form in three layers, alternating it with two layers of fennel. Season each layer with salt and pepper, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese and grease 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Pour the cream over the top. Bake until the potatoes are soft and not easily pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of grated cheese and bake until golden brown, from 15 to 20 minutes.