Recipe Cutlets from lentils
These cutlets, without contentProducts of animal origin, were prepared for the beginning of the Assumption Post, which lasts 2 weeks, starting from August 14. As in other cases, during this post, it is not enough to refrain from meat and dairy products. It is important and spiritual self-control: do not swear, do not allow sinful thoughts, do not attend noisy entertainment. In the old days they said: "Petrovka is a hunger strike, Spasovka is a gourmet." We are talking about Petrov's fast and Uspensky. Unlike the first, the second falls on the abundance of young vegetables and fruits. In such conditions, fasting is easier and more pleasant. Although in our time, when "summer" products are available all year round in stores, this saying is not so relevant.
- Lentil red 150 g
- Tomatoes 400 g
- Onions 1 pc.
- Curry 1 tsp.
- Cilantro fresh 0.5 bunch
- Black pepper powder 0.25 tsp.
- Olive oil 25 ml
- Wheat flour 4 tbsp.
- Step 1 For these cutlets will need: lentils, tomatoes, onions, curry, coriander or parsley, vegetable little, salt, pepper.
- Step 2 Peel the onion and chop it finely.
- Step 3 Lentil and rinse it in a saucepan.
- Step 4 Toss the tomatoes with boiling water, peel and chop into small cubes.
- Step 5 Put onions and tomatoes in a pot of lentils. Add 3 tablespoons of water, put on low heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 6 Then add the finely choppedGreens, curry, salt and pepper to taste. Cook another 10 minutes. Ensure that the porridge does not burn, add water if necessary. Remove from heat and cool.
- Step 7 From the lentils porridge to form cutlets and roll them in flour.
- Step 8 Fry the cutlets in vegetable oil for 2 minutes on each side.
- Step 9 Cutlets are served with a salad of vegetables, with or without garnish.