Recipe for Dried Tomatoes
Recipe for homemade sun-dried tomatoesGuests gave me a fresh salad, in which there was a very bright accent on the background of standard vegetables. An unknown ingredient was a dried tomato. Very tasty and piquant, he immediately won an honorable place in my heart, or rather the stomach. Naturally, I wanted to recreate such a salad at home, but to find a similar product on sale was a difficult task. And finally, in one of the hypermarkets on the shelf, they turned out to be sun-dried tomatoes. To my delight there was no limit. But time passed and the bank emptied. Fortunately, it turned out that you can dry tomatoes at home. This process is not at all complicated, but the result exceeds all expectations. Use the best cherry tomatoes or solid cream. Dried tomatoes are perfectly combined with cheeses, fresh herbs and vegetables. They can be added to pizza, salads and salty pastries.
- Cherry tomatoes 300 g
- Thyme (Thyme), dry 0.5 tsp.
- Oregano dry 0.5 tsp.
- Sugar 1 tsp.
- Salt 4 pinch
- Olive oil 1 tbsp. L.
- Step 1 For this recipe, take: cherry tomatoes, dry thyme and oregano, sugar, salt, olive oil.
- Step 2 Wash the tomatoes and cut into halves. Cutting better along.
- Step 3 Shape the veil with parchment paper and lay on it half of the cherry, cut side out.
- Step 4 Sprinkle tomatoes with salt, spices (thyme, oregano) and sugar. Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Step 5 Preheat the oven to 200 ° C, place the mold with tomatoes in it and turn it off. Leave the tomatoes in the preheated oven for several hours, preferably at night.
- Step 6 After 8-10 hours you can get tomatoes. Use the drying of tomatoes in food is better right away.