Recipe Home-made curd
Home Cottage Cheese There are several optionsCooking homemade cottage cheese. I will introduce one of the favorite recipes. The method is simple, but there are subtleties! Use natural milk. From the reconstituted or from milk with a long shelf life, you can also prepare cottage cheese, but its taste and consistency will be inferior to cottage cheese from the right milk. From cottage cheese it is possible to prepare tasty desserts, creams for cakes, casseroles, muffins and other pastries or cheeses.
- Kefir 500 ml
- Milk 500 ml
- Step 1 To make home cottage cheese will need milk and kefir any fat.
- Step 2 Heat the milk in a saucepan almost to a boil, remove from heat and pour in kefir.
- Step 3 Leave the curdled milk to cool for at least two hours, or it can be longer, even for the whole night.
- Step 4 Then strain the mass through a sieve with small cells or through gauze.
- Step 5 The mass will be divided into whey and cottage cheese. Suspend the cottage cheese and the extra whey will be removed within half an hour, and the remaining small amount of it will make the cottage cheese taste better and juicier. Serum can be used for baking (pancakes, fritters, cupcakes, bread, for pie dough, etc.).
- Step 6 Ready-made cottage cheese can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.