Recipe Cheese Stracchino
Home soft cheese from Italy Strakkino -Italian soft cheese, made from whole milk, and related to fresh cheeses. The homeland of this cream cheese is Lombardy, the northern alpine region of Italy. The name Strakkino comes from the word "tired". According to legend, the cows, after a long day in the alpine meadows, the tired returned to the farm, and therefore gave little milk from which to produce this cheese. Strakkino is perfectly spread on bread, being soft in consistency, so it can be an excellent snack or a base for bruschetta. This light cheese is not sold in Russia and Eastern Europe, but now you can cook it at home and pleasantly surprise your home and guests! Bon Appetit! Preparation of cheese will take several days. After 1-2 days, the cheese will acquire an acidic taste and preserve a creamy consistency, which is the main characteristic of Strakkino. Keep the cheese in a container with a lid lined with parchment. Because the cheese is fresh, use it in a few days. From 2 liters of milk, I got about 400 grams of cheese.
- Milk 2 L
- Cream 100 ml
- Yoghurt 100 ml
- Salt 5 pinch
- Rennet of rennet 2 ml
- Step 1 To prepare Strakkino you will need whole unpasteurized milk, cream, whole yoghurt, salt and leaven (rennet enzyme).
- Step 2 Heat the milk to a temperature of 35-40 degrees.
- Step 3 Add the yogurt, mix well.
- Step 4 Add the cream, mix. Turn off the heat and leave to cool slightly. The milk temperature should not be more than 40 degrees. If you do not have a thermometer, you can test with a "finger". Milk should be mute warmer than body temperature.
- Step 5 Dab a teaspoon of rennet, and mix well. Rennet is also called ferment, in Italy it is sold in a pharmacy. The dose of the enzyme depends on its concentration.
- Step 6 Pour the mixture into a flat container andPut in a warm place (near the battery or in the oven with the light turned on). The time for the formation of cheese mass can vary from an hour to several hours.
- Step 7 Cheese should be separated from whey.
- Step 8 Cut the cheese mass with a sharp knife into rectangles not too small (about 4 x 6 cm). Leave in a warm place for another 30 minutes.
- Step 9 Put the pieces of cheese mass in a sautepan with small holes, and leave to drain.
- Step 10 When most of the fluid drains,Turn the cheese and salt it with a fine salt, only on the upper side. Leave for 1-2 days at room temperature, periodically turning over and planting on top. The amount of salt is adjusted to taste, periodically sampling the cheese.