The recipe for Sauerkraut
Recipe for cooking sour cabbageCabbage is loved by many peoples of the world, but it gained special popularity in the Slavic countries. Easy to prepare, it plays an important role in the digestion process: it helps to normalize the intestinal microflora. Usually cabbage is brewed with rubbed carrots and salt, sometimes adding cumin, apple or cranberries. A special favor is the recipe for sauerkraut with beets. As in any other business, it is important to take into account several points on which the success of the whole operation depends! Perhaps the most important nuance is the cabbage itself, which you are going to sour. It must be white, not frozen and juicy. The taste of "right" cabbage is sweet and crispy. Also, do not use iodized salt - it will make cabbage soft, not crispy. Sauerkraut is perfectly combined with pickled cucumbers and onions, with a small addition of sunflower oil. Such a simple salad will be a perfect addition to the garnish.
- Black cabbage 2000 g
- Carrot 200g
- Salt 20 g
- Bay leaf 5 pcs.
- Pepper fragrant 10 pcs.
- Step 1 For 2 kilograms of cabbage, take 1 large carrot, bay leaf, sweet pepper and salt.
- Step 2 Cut the head into 2 halves.
- Step 3 Cut the cabbage. Try not to cut cabbage too much and not quite thin.
- Step 4 The table top is ideal for this process. Do not forget to wash it well beforehand so that no extra bacteria enter the cabbage.
- Step 5 Rub carrots on a large grater.
- Step 6 Add vegetables to the bay leaf, sweet pepper and salt. 2 kilograms of cabbage requires 20 grams of salt - about a tablespoon, without a slide.
- Step 7 Stir everything. Do not crush or press cabbage.
- Step 8 In small portions, pound the cabbage into a glass or enameled container. Cabbage should let down the juice, to do this, straighten the cabbage with your fist, as far as you can.
- Step 9 Now cover the cabbage with a plate andPut a load on it. Leave the sauerkraut vegetables in a warm place for 3 days. Once a day, puncture the cabbage with a knife so that gases come out. Then transfer sauerkraut to a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.