When to start giving milk to children
So when do we start giving the children milk? This question arises in many parents. Sometimes the phrase slips that earlier in the villages children were fed with fresh milk if the mother had problems. But this statement strongly disagrees with the opinion of doctors. Many pediatricians claim that it is not allowed to give whole milk to children under one year of age. In some countries it is allowed to give it from the age of nine months, and in Germany, for example, doctors believe that it is undesirable for children to give cow's milk until the age of two. If the mother has problems with breast milk, it is recommended to use the so-called adapted infant formula, gradually adding to the diet specialized milk, which, according to taste and composition, is adapted to the characteristics of the infant organism. Thus it is necessary to consider, that for one-year-old children the use of the cow's milk should not exceed 200 gr per day and it can be given only as a part of porridges and mashed potatoes.
Why is cow milk not desirable for children up to the year:
- In whole cow milk, there are a lot of minerals: Calcium, sodium, phosphorus, chlorine, magnesium, potassium. They create discomfort for the baby's body, and especially for the not yet developed urinary system. As a result, the baby's kidneys are overloaded by 20-30%, producing cow's milk.
- In cow's milk there is much more sodium and protein,Than in the thoracic. In this case, the protein is completely different composition, which can possibly cause allergic reactions. Allergists say that if a child is milked with cow's milk from the first days of life, then it is more likely that many children will have an allergy to milk and dairy products.
- In milk there is a lot of casein.
- There is not enough carbohydrate in it.
- Milk contains a very low number of important elements for the child: iodine, zinc, vitamins C and E, copper.
- Still there are very few fatty acids (a-linolenic, linolenic), which are necessary for the development of the brain, as well as polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- In cow's milk, low iron content. Namely, iron is the main component of multiply multiplying red blood cells of a growing child. Therefore, its deficiency leads to iron deficiency anemia.
- With the daily use of cow's milk, babies may experience gastrointestinal bleeding, a high probability at the age of up to six months.
- Milk does not contain at all amino acids taurine and cystine, folic acid, and they are necessary for the development of the baby.
- Also an early introduction to the cow's dietMilk can lead to type 1 diabetes mellitus. It is necessary to completely remove the cow's milk from the baby's nutrition for up to a year to those who have insulin-dependent patients in their family.
"Milk" choice is not easy, because dairy productsPlay a very important role in the nutrition of the child. When these products are introduced into a child's diet, it depends on the parents, but the health and development of the child as a whole also depends on them. That's why you need to carefully weigh all the arguments and make a decision that is right for you and your child. However parents are self-confident, sometimes it is sometimes necessary to listen to another opinion, especially to the opinion of doctors.