Difficulty of breastfeeding large breasts
Breastfeeding can present special difficulties for women with large breasts.
Having large breasts and nipples, a woman canExperience some difficulties in breastfeeding, resulting in disappointment. Most mothers with large breasts may experience bleeding, blistering and mastitis.
The woman's breasts mainly consist of fatty tissue. To reduce the size of the breast should reduce the percentage of body fat. The amount of adipose tissue and breast size are not related to the ability to produce milk.
Many women with large breasts haveDifficulties during breast feeding of the child. Large and soft breasts do not hold the shape and the baby is very difficult to open the mouth and grab it. A nursing woman needs to find a comfortable position to feed the baby.
A breastfeeding woman with a large breast will have to experiment a little to find comfortable postures in order to successfully feed the child.
To large breasts and breastfeeding do not cause discomfort, a woman who is nursing should use some of the following techniques:
- Place any piece of tissue or soft towel under the breast for extra support, so that it is in a more comfortable position during feeding.
- Maintain your chest with your hand to remove fromChin of a child's chest. Use the hand position with the letter "C", this hold is very effective. Optimum retention of C involves maintaining the chest from the outside. Put your palms gently under the chest, your thumb curved, forming a "C". When your child grows a little, his muscle mass will become stronger, you will not need as much support as at the very beginning.
- Do not strain your back, during feeding is notBend, and lift the baby to the chest, using a pillow. Bring the child to your level, instead of leaning on it. Choose the positions that can be most convenient for you.
- Big breasts are well supported by a comfortable bra.
- Gently massage your breasts while breastfeeding. Big breasts in women have more tissue that can become filled, apply massage movements that will ensure the cleansing of the mammary glands properly from milk.
- The position of "football retention" is successfully used by mothers with large breasts - this is the position when the child is kept at hand.
- Feed the baby to a woman with a large breastMuch easier lying. Find a comfortable position on the bed or in the chair, try not to move and do not make sudden movements. Feeding can be done lying on the side, supporting the neck and head of the child.
The positive fact is that the bigger the breast, the bigger the nipple becomes and the more it stands out on the surface. Thus, feeding a newborn becomes easier.
Big breasts, from the experience of medical practice, are considered lighter than a small breast.
Many people assume that mothers with largeBreast have more milk than average women. This is not true. Some women produce more milk, while others have fewer, but this has nothing to do with the size of their breasts. An excess of milk occurs in women with a small breast size.
Good breast hygiene is very important, becauseWomen with large breasts often have skin problems, expressed as irritation or infection due to folds of the skin under the breast. Many skin problems can occur due to moisture, and the area under the breast is prone to infections. Wash your breasts with water without soap, dry them carefully, paying special attention to the area under the breast. Make sure that the chest area remains completely dry, especially in warm and hot weather.
Feeding a child can be particularly difficult if the mother does not have the training, practice and experience of breastfeeding, and it does not depend on the size or shape of the breast of the nursing woman.