Diseases of children under one year
Children under one year: illnesses, symptoms, treatment.
If the child has an acute respiratory viral infection, then the symptoms are:
- a runny nose, cough;
- refusal of food, anxiety, tearfulness;
- upset of the chair.
Adenovirus infection affects mucous membranesThe skin of the nose, bronchial tubes, throat, pharynx, begins a runny nose and cough, lymph nodes in ARVI are usually enlarged, sometimes the cornea of the eyes and conjunctiva become inflamed, in most cases the eyes turn red and tear. Very rarely there is a small red rash on the body.
Methods of treatment of acute respiratory infections:
If the temperature has risen above 38 ° C, then itsMust be knocked down. This can be done both with the help of folk methods, and with the help of traditional medicine (for example, rectal antipyretic suppositories, which contain paracetamol). In case of high temperature, the baby should not be wrapped up in order not to increase the temperature even more. Be sure to call a doctor. The room temperature should not exceed 22 ° C and should not fall below 20 ° C.
It can be as one of the symptoms of ARVI, andManifestation of the disease of the respiratory system or the immune system (allergic rhinitis). This disease is characterized by nasal congestion, mucous discharge, sneezing. Children under one year are mostly ill or chronic. Acute rhinitis is caused by infection, chronic - by many other factors. In addition to the common cold, as a symptom of ARVI, children are still ill with neurovegetative and allergic rhinitis.
If the runny nose is insignificant and short-lived, thenYou can treat it at home. But in some cases this can not be done. Then you should contact your doctor. So, if you have noticed the following symptoms for up to a year, call your doctor: - fever;
- In addition to the nose, inflammation of the throat and shortness of breath are seen;
- the child refuses food and drink;
- runny nose lasts more than two weeks;
- the child has a headache or pain in the nasal sinuses;
- Against the background of a cold in the child's nose is blood.
They bring a lot of trouble to parents andPainful sensations to the child. The cause of colic is increased gassing in the intestine. Many believe that colic occurs with artificial feeding, but in fact, they sometimes appear in children who are breastfeeding. The very colic manifests itself in the process of feeding or almost immediately after it. At other times they do not bother the child.
Determine that the child has colic is very simple: He begins to cry, presses his legs to his tummy, is restless, refuses to eat. Attacks of the disease can be both short-term (lasting several seconds) and long-term (from half an hour to two), single and repetitive.
Higher gassing is called:
- overfeeding; - Flatulence;
- poor-quality milk formula;
- a violation of the diet of a nursing woman;
- ingestion of air during feeding (aerophagia);
- constipation; - food allergy;
- lactose insufficiency in the intestines of the baby.
If you find that the child has colic, then do the following to help him:
- put on your tummy,
- massage the palm of the kid's tummy in a circular motion clockwise, do not press;
- attach a warm, dry diaper to the tummy,
- Poite the child with herbal tea (if breastfeeding), or medicinal mixtures (if artificial feeding).
Sometimes it is possible to distract the child from colic byQuiet music, any sound effects, toys, equipment, etc. If the child's colic is permanent and prolonged, special medications prescribed by the pediatrician should be given.
Infections are inflammation of the baby's skin. Occur after increased friction, prolonged exposure to moisture or excessive wrapping. Overabundance of moisture on the skin destroys its protective barrier and opens access to microbes. Most often, the location of the inflammation is located on the inguinal, axillary, interannual, cervical, BTE parts of the child's body. Faults can be expressed as slight reddening and until the appearance of abscesses, cracks, ulcers. Due to diaper rash, the child may have itching, pain, burning, the baby will behave restlessly, tearfully. It is very important to begin treatment of the given disease of children on time, as it will help to avoid in the future many problems with the skin and health of the child.
You can prevent these problems:
- timely changing diapers or disposable diapers;
- conducting regular procedures for the hygiene of the child;
- periodically drying the baby's skin with a soft cloth; - by conducting air baths that give the skin the ability to dry itself, and wounds in this case heal much faster;
- regularly treating the damaged skin with disinfectants and skin care products.
If redness occurs only after the use of certain diapers, it is most likely an allergy. And diapers should be replaced.
This disease in babies for a year is most common.
Its reasons may be:
- violation of hygiene;
- food that does not match the age of the child, or simply not quality.
The characteristic signs of diarrhea are acuteBeginning with a multiple fluid stool, which is often accompanied by vomiting or nausea. If diarrhea is not treated in a timely manner, it leads to severe consequences - even to death. Therefore, the reference to a doctor in this case is mandatory!