Foreign body in upper respiratory tract in children
Baby learns the world, and puts many objects inMouth and tastes. Most cases of aspiration occur with children up to three years. The swallowing function of the baby only develops, so children often choke on eating with solid food.
Little children can not explain what happened, so sometimes adults go to medical institutions for help when it's too late.
Foreign object in the respiratory tract.
Getting into the upper respiratory tract, foreignThe body often covers the lumen of the trachea and bronchi. If the air is partly blocked, it will hardly reach the lungs and exhale when exhaled. If the air is completely blocked, air enters the lungs, but no exhalation occurs. With complete blocking of the respiratory tract, the foreign object acts as a valve, so it is urgent to help the child. Every parent is simply obliged to know how to render first aid in this case.
A foreign object can be fixed inRespiratory upper tracts, or "travel" through them. If a foreign object enters the larynx or trachea and the necessary first aid is not provided, the child's death may come in a few minutes.
Foreign body in the respiratory tract in children. Symptoms and Diagnosis.
- Unexpected coughing;
- Whistling and noisy breathing;
- Cyanotic skin;
- Severe shortness of breath;
- When crying, a deaf, hushed voice.
Often an alien object enters the bronchi, whileThe baby was unattended. In this case, the parents can not pinpoint the reasons why these symptoms appeared. It is usually assumed that the child has a cold, and do not go to the doctor, and begin self-treatment. This is very dangerous for the life of the baby. If the objects in the respiratory tract constantly block the bronchi, the child may have a number of different diseases:
- Purulent pneumonia;
- Bronchial asthma.
Foods that get into the respiratory tract may start to decompose, causing, thus, inflammation, which is very dangerous for the life of the child.
In case of any suspicion of aspiration and complete blockage of the respiratory tract, the child must urgently provide first aid. Then urgently take the baby to the doctor.
Based on the story of parents and signs,Characteristic for aspiration, experienced specialists will make a conclusion about aspiration. For any signs of aspiration, as an additional diagnostic, the child is given X-ray diagnostics, tracheobronchoscopy, auscultation.
- If the baby breathes in a foreign object,It is necessary to tilt the child's body sharply forward and slap the palm on the back between the shoulder blades. If the foreign object does not come out, repeat the procedure several times.
- If a foreign object has got into the baby's nose,Ask him to blow his nose. If, as a result, an extraneous body is still in the nose, you need to urgently go to the hospital. Before rendering first aid, the child should stand or sit and not cry. You can not try to get the object outside.
- The most effective method: Embrace the child from the back, so that the hands are locked into the lock on the abdomen under the ribs. The protruding parts of the thumbs should be pressed repeatedly on the epigastric region several times. Repeat reception several times.
- If the baby has lost consciousness, it is necessary to putHis stomach on the bent knee, so that the baby's head was as low as possible. Then not strongly, but sharply to strike a palm between blades of the kid. If necessary, repeat the procedure several times.
- As soon as possible call an ambulance.
Treatment of a child with a foreign body in respiratoryWays is organized in special ENT departments. Treatment under general anesthesia with tracheobronoscopy or endoscopic special forceps is performed.
After the foreign object is removed from theRespiratory ways of the baby, he is prescribed treatment for the prevention of the onset of inflammation. The child is given a course of antibiotics, physiotherapy, massage and therapeutic gymnastics. Complex treatment depends on the complexity of the defeat of the respiratory tract and the degree of complication.
If a foreign body can not be extracted from the respiratory tract of the baby, or if it is necessary to prevent bleeding or a purulent complication, surgical intervention is used.
After the termination of treatment of the child it is necessary to observe an ENT doctor. A few months later, an additional examination and treatment of the respiratory tract, in order to exclude hidden pathological processes.
Prevention of ingress of foreign bodies into the respiratory tract of children.
Aspiration is a life-threatening condition. Parents should closely monitor the baby. Do not leave your child alone. Do not give the child toys with small details, even in the presence of adults.
It is not recommended to feed the baby with seeds, peanuts, peas, small sweets or dense whole berries. Do not expose the child to risk.
Both parents must be able to provide first aid in the event of a threat to the life of the child.