Where to go if the child is bitten by a tick
The favorite places of these small insects areHigh grass, weeds, bushes, even dumps of food waste. On the tall grass and bushes they always crawl upwards. A suitable secluded place for a bite, they choose carefully, these are soft tissues - armpits, groin, on the back of the head - usually in children, behind the ears. Attach a tick for several days. Ticks avoid the sunny, well ventilated area. When planning a trip to the forest or to the shore of the reservoir, make sure that the clothing is snug against the body. Clothes should be, preferably, white or light. On such a better insect is visible. Sleeves and trousers should end with rubber bands or tighten with laces. On the head do not forget to tie a handkerchief that covers the neck, ears.
With regard to immune protection - this isAdvance vaccination. For vaccinations, domestic and imported drugs are widely used. In general, vaccinations are shown to children from the age of three. There are imported vaccines that can be used with a one-year-old age. The vaccination will play a role if all three are affixed.
It is difficult to imagine that in the world fauna there are more than forty thousand different kinds of ticks. Typically, the tick moves on the body of warm-blooded animals.
To be afraid of these insects it is necessary, if the child was bitten by the representative of the world of insects. Biting into the body of a person a tick can infect A dangerous encephalitis virus (Lyme borreliosis). This disease causes an inflammation of the grayOf the human brain, acting on the central nervous system, affects the cardiovascular system, and then the musculoskeletal system of the affected person.
In the pharmacy you can buy insect repellents. Check the expiration date of the drug. Of course, do not forget to study the instructions for use.
While on air and how will you returnGo home, be sure to examine the child and yourself. Pay special attention to the open parts of the body and hair, better clothes shake and inspect. The child was bitten by a tick? The bites of ticks are practically painless and invisible, as in the saliva of the insect there are hemostatic and anesthetic substances, so if you do not look carefully, you can not feel the bitten mite soon.
If the tick nevertheless has dug in a dermal integument, the main thing - do not panic! Do not make sudden movements, do not try to shake it off. Call the ambulance, where you can get the first consultation.
1. You need to find out where the tick-bite help room is located. As a rule, this is a regional trauma center. There it must be said that the child's tick was bitten.
2. If you do not have the ability to remove ticks, then it's better not to do it. This procedure should be given to specialists. This insect is very tiny. By removing it, you can leave some of its body in the skin. Or even worse is to get infected with encephalitis yourself. If the tick is infected, and you crushed it between your fingers, the infection will penetrate through the microcracks of the skin.
3. If there is no other way out and no one can provide medical assistance, then it will be necessary to remove the insect on its own. Since the faster the mite is removed from the skin, the less likely is infection by possible infections that penetrate through the bite.
4. When removing the tick, it is necessary to act so as not to damage the insect, since the remaining part of the body in the skin will not only cause inflammation, but it is also likely that the infection process will continue. This is because a large concentration of the virus is in the salivary glands of the proboscis.
5. Therefore, it is not necessary to pull out the tick with a sharp movement. Quite simply, the tick can be removed using a string. If, of course, you do not have special tools for removing ticks.
6. So, the mite is put on a loop with a bundle of strong thread as close as possible to the proboscis of the tick, tied, then slowly swinging, pulling it out. If, suddenly, the head still broke away, it is removed with a calcined needle, the wound is treated with alcohol.
It is better if you before going on a nature inSpring-summer period, get a special device in the pharmacy to remove ticks - it looks like a simple ballpoint pen or medical tweezers. It is enough to press the button and the button pops up. She grabs the body of the tick, swings it in a circular motion and gently removes it from the wound. Having finished the procedure, the wound must be treated with an antiseptic.
7. Another way to get the mite out is to clamp the mite with tweezers, and slowly take it out with smooth twisting movements.
Bite site Must be treated with iodine, zelenka or alcohol. After removing the insect, you must wash your hands with soap and water.
After the procedure Check if the mite is completely removed. To do this, put it on a white sheet of paper and examine it. It should have all the organs - the head, proboscis, denticles on the proboscis on the left and right.
If you keep the tick, Then it will be possible to investigate it for infection,So doctors advise. To do this, the body of the mite should be put in a clean jar and tightly closed with a lid. It is necessary to transfer it for analysis no later than in two days. If suddenly it turns out to be infected, they will send you to the children's hospital, where the baby will be given emergency therapy or a course of antibiotics.
Now it is necessary to constantly observe the place of bite and the state of health of the victim, to measure body temperature, to avoid overheating in the sun and overwork.
It is necessary to consult a doctor again if you areFound that the place of the bite turned red, swollen or fever rose, headaches or muscle pains began, as well as in the joints. Perhaps the appearance of photophobia, skin rash or obstruction of eye and neck movements.