How to tell the children about God
Bypassing the divine themes, without knowing it, you take away from the child the opportunity to learn about the cultural and spiritual experience that mankind has accumulated over all periods of its existence.
You must remember that children's faith is based onTrust the child to any person. The kid begins to believe in God, only because he believes in his mother, father or grandmother with his grandfather. It is on this trust that the child's own faith is based, and from this faith his own spiritual life, the basic basis for any faith, begins.
Apparently, faith plays an important role in the life of each person, but it is important to lay its foundation in early childhood. Therefore, we want to submit several rules, how to tell the children about God.
1. Beginning your story to the children about God, do not try to cheat or do something unsaid. Children are by nature very perceptive,So immediately feel the falsity in your speech, which will hinder his personal development and further confidence in you. We advise you not to hide your attitude to the topic of religion right away. Negatively, it can also affect the child's excessive compulsion to believe or to decisive atheism. In this conversation, avoid categorical. Just try to give the child everything that you own and which canons you follow.
2. Regardless of your belief in confession or full atheism, explain to the children that there are no bad or good religions. At the same time, be tolerant and uncategorical,While telling about other faiths. Dityo should not feel that you are persuading him in anything. The choice of faith or atheism - the will of a person personally, even if he is very small.
3. In your story, you must tell us that God created people for happiness and, most importantly, in his teaching: to love one another. If you have a Bible in your house, tell the children,That her God wrote through his disciples, the prophets. In this book, he outlined the rules that must be followed throughout life. Read the Ten Commandments, and ask how he understands them, in case of difficulty, help him. Understanding the commandments will help to form the moral side of the child. This information can be started to be presented to the child from the age of 4-5. But it should be remembered that in this age period, children are very sensitive to metaphysical ideas. The child is surprisingly easy to perceive all kinds of ideas of the existence of God. At this time, children's interest is of an objective nature.
4. The next thing, you should tell the children: God is everywhere and nowhere, in his power to know and do everything. This information to children about God, is well perceived inAged 5-7 years. At this time they are interested in the questions, where he was before his mother gave birth to him, and where people leave after death. Children can believe in the existence of metaphysical concepts and actively imagine them.
5. At the age of 7 to 11 years, children are ready to perceive the meaning and mystery of religious norms and rites. You can take your child with you during the hike inChurch, there he can visually see and remember everything you said. Tell us why people are fasting before Easter, what is the reason for this holiday. It will also be useful to tell the children about Christmas and the angels who accompany. In general, it is believed that children at this age most easily perceive stories about Jesus Christ, about evangelical narrations, about the worship of the Magi, about the childhood of Christ, about the meeting of the Child with the elder Semion, about His miracles, about the flight to Egypt, about the blessing of children and healing. Patients. In case parents do not have paintings with illustrations on the holy letter or icons in the house, you can suggest to your child to draw such illustrations themselves, so he can more realistically perceive your stories. Also you can buy a children's Bible, it is specially adapted for the smallest religious scholars.
You can tell how the people who were going to listen to Jesus Christ were hungry, and nothing could be found and bought, but only one little boy came to help Him.
There are a lot of similar stories. You can tell them at a set time, for example, before going to bed, to present an illustration, or simply "when it comes to a word". But, truth, for this it is necessary that a person who knows at least the most important evangelical stories is present in the family. It is best, of course, for young parents to study the gospel by themselves, looking for such stories in it that will be interesting and understandable to their little children.
6. At the beginning of the adolescent period, from the age of 10, and in some from the age of 15 the children's consciousness is ready to understand the spiritual content of any religion. It is the teenager who is already able to understand that God -Creation is fair, and loves everyone, regardless of his way of life and state of mind. God exists outside the concept of time and space, he is always and everywhere. To make it easier for you to tell this information to children, ask for help from the works of Russian classics: Chukovsky, KI, Tolstoy, L. N, who, in an understandable and interesting form for children, reproduced the main themes and ideas of the Holy Scripture.
7. Much important, it remains to teach a child to turn to God. Learn with him the basic prayer, "Our Father,"Saints of help", etc. As we know, prayer has psychological influence and significance, it teaches skills of reflection, stimulates to summarize the past day. In addition, prayer leads to the realization of one's feelings, desires, emotions, inspires hope and confidence in the future.
A child who knows about God and religion as a whole canConsciously do something, while he can share good and evil, feel a sense of repentance and regret. He can turn to God for help at a difficult moment for him.
Finally, children become able to think about nature and its laws, about the environment around us.
In this decisive moment for the development of the child,Laid the foundation of his worldview. It is from what will be put into the child's consciousness in his teenage development that his further faith, not only in God, but also in parents, educators and the society as a whole, depends.