Children's stomatitis: symptoms, causes, treatment at home
Types of stomatitis
Stomatitis is a disease that causes inflammation of the oral mucosa. The reasons for its occurrence can be many: from the presence of cocco flora to a viral infection.
- Fungal stomatitis occurs in those children who have recently been treated with antibiotics.
- Aphthous stomatitis in a child can be triggered by a vitamin imbalance.
- There is also a herpetic stomatitis caused by the herpes virus.
Symptoms of stomatitis in children
- If the baby has the following symptoms: cracks on the lips, the mucous membrane is loose, and the tongue is covered, it is possible that he is ill with this disease.
- Another characteristic symptom are soresin the sky. As a rule, they are small, but in the presence of infection they can reach considerable sizes and be covered with fibrous plaque. The appearance of such ulcers can become diphtheria, while diphtheria bacteria are not always found in the smear.
- Newborns most often suffer from fungal stomatitis, which is manifested by whitish spots, resembling curdled milk, on the inside of the cheeks and tongue.
- Another sign of the disease is the failure of the baby from the breast, as sucking hurts him.
How to treat stomatitis in children at home
An effective treatment for fungalStomatitis in a nursing baby is a solution of a dessert spoon of soda in a glass of water, which should be regularly wiped the mouth of the baby. Instead of a tampon, take a piece of gauze, as it removes the plaque from the mucous membranes well.
In order to remove inflammation and eliminatePainful sensations, rinse the mouth of a son or daughter with a decoction of chamomile or calendula. For their preparation, brew a spoonful of plant flowers in a glass of boiling water and insist for an hour.
To combat sores, you can useA one-percent solution of green or blue, which must be covered with wounds. Aloe perfectly copes with abscesses in the mouth. The plant can be chewed when there are several ulcers. If there is only one wound, it's enough to attach an aloe leaf to it. Another means of promoting rapid healing is oil. Wipe the baby's mouth with rosehip oil mixed with Kalanchoe juice, and soon the sores will begin to decrease.
A proven, folk method of treating stomatitis in a child at home - rinsing with egg solution. To make it, you need to beat the protein with 100 g of warm water.
An effective folk remedy for stomatitis is normal potatoes. On the inflamed gums, you can attach a thin circle of potatoes or grated vegetables.
You can cook rinse from onion husk. This product has excellent disinfecting properties. To prepare the broth, use 3 teaspoons of husks boiled in 0.5 liters of hot water and infused for 7-8 hours. The liquid must be filtered and rinsed to her mouth at least 3 times a day.
To prepare another effective decoctionA collection of 10 table spoons of plants will be needed: 1 part of birch leaves, 2 parts of sage leaves, 3 parts of rose hips, 1 part of oregano. The mixture is poured with a liter of boiling water and infused for half an hour.
The child will not be treated by allMeans, many of them may seem unpleasant to him. Therefore it is highly recommended for stomatitis in children fresh carrot juice - it not only has a healing effect, but it is pleasant to taste.