Technique of the procedure. Materials required for its conduct.
Traditional massageAbhyanga is the most common form of massage. In fact, the word itself does not say anything to the uninitiated. But if you dig deeper, you will understand how it can benefit.
- This is a long massage, which is carried out by two specialists at once, rubbing the patient's body with various oils with the addition of medicinal herbs
- Each person is selected their own combination of components, depending on the features of the figure and the desired result
- During this Ayurvedic massage improves the flow of blood to the organs and improves the work of various systems
- Increases skin elasticity and slows down the aging process
Foot massage (Padabhyanga)
It is based on the theory that on the feet of a person there are many points that are responsible for the work of certain organs.
- Helps to treat insomnia and nervous disorders
- Relieves chronic fatigue
- Relaxes muscles and eliminates cramps
On a note: In India, such a massage is quite a standard procedure before going to sleep, it's like we have to brush our teeth. According to ancient teachings, the disease will not be able to sneak up to a man who, before going to sleep, massaged his feet.
For weight loss (dvardana)
Although this technique of weight reduction with the help of massage is not too common, those who have already experienced it on themselves, speak about amazing results.
How's it going?
- For each person a special mixture of butter and ground medicinal herbs is prepared. As a result, the mass is similar to a liquid scrub
- Deep synchronous movements of two masseurs, the resulting mixture is evenly rubbed into the skin
- Thus, improves the flow of blood to the skin, splits fat cells and displays excess fluid and toxins
- Especially often this massage is used as an anti-cellulite for the thighs, buttocks and abdomen, although quite often they are practiced for the entire surface of the body.
A simple massage with stones. Such a procedure can be found in almost any Spa and it is not surprising, given the impact on the human body.
For the performance use only naturalStones. During the procedure the technique of alternating cold and hot stones is applied. Due to this, it is possible to successfully combat such diseases and disorders:
- Diseases of the autonomic nervous system
- Weakened immunity
- High susceptibility to stress
- Varicose veins and couperose (vascular network)
Technics for independent execution
You can relax by doing an Ayurvedic massage at home. Naturally, for this you will need a slightly warmed aromatic oil.
- Pour some liquid on the navel and make circular motions: 20 times clockwise and as much against.
- In the same way, rub the oil into the roots of the hair on the top of the head, gradually descending to the forehead.
- To improve memory and thinking, rub the outer sides of the nostrils.
- To prevent colds, rub your nose, cheeks and forehead regularly.
We hope that we were able to shed some light on the amazing technique of Ayurvedic massage and the secrets of folk medicine became not so incomprehensible to you.